Textbook Rental Program
The U of M Bookstores offers an expanded textbook rental program available for many titles. The rental program provides another option to help you save money on your textbook costs. Log in here to see what’s available for you.
Students opting to rent their textbooks must sign a rental contract agreeing to the following terms:
- The rental book is the property of the University of Minnesota Bookstores. In accepting the terms of this Rental Contract, you accept responsibility to use the book and return it to the Bookstores in its original condition (no tears, no water damage, limited writing/highlighting,binding damage, etc.) or you will be charged for a replacement copy.
- The rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned to the Bookstores by the refund date stated on the Textbook Return Policy. Any textbook rented after the refund date will be considered final; rental fees are non-refundable after this time.
- By signing the Rental Contract you understand and accept responsibility to return the rental book and it’s accompanying parts, if applicable (CD’s/DVD’s, solution manuals, companion texts, etc.) by the Rental Due Date. If the rental text is not returned by the due date, you will be charged for a replacement copy of the book in addition to the rental fee you paid at the time of rental.
- If the rental text is lost or stolen, you will need to inform the Bookstores by the Rental Due Date. You will be refunded the rental fee and charged for a replacement copy of the text.
- You will return the rental book to the Bookstores by the Rental Due Date. The Rental Due Date can be found attached to your receipt and on the back of your rental material.
- The Bookstores are authorized to charge your Student Account for a replacement book if the rental is not returned by the Rental Due Dat,e or if the book is returned damaged (water damage, excessive writing/highlight, torn pages, etc.) The Bookstores reserves the right to reevaluate the condition of the rental text within 30 days of the Rental Due Date.
- If you decide to keep your rental materials, contact the Bookstores at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-9052 before the Rental Due Date. You will pay the difference between the retail price of the rental and the rental fee you originally paid. If you do not contact us before the Rental Due Date you will be charged a replacement fee for not turning in the rental.
Textbook Rental Return Information