We care about you.In the interest of health and safety related to COVID-19, the University of Minnesota Bookstores will close all retail stores on the Twin Cities, Crookston, Morris and Rochester campuses effective March 18, 2020 until further notice. The University of Minnesota Bookstores are committed to continuing to serve the needs of our students, staff, faculty and campus partners during reduced operations. We will be working behind the scenes to fulfill online orders, offer course material support, and provide virtual customer service at bookstores.umn.edu
Online ServiceWe are happy to assist our customers. Many of our products are available online at bookstores.umn.edu. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Please send us an email via our contact page. A member of our team will respond as soon as possible. Please note while we are in reduced operations our response and delivery times may be delayed. At this time we are unable to fill orders from our Crookston location. Thanks for your understanding.
Course SupportAs you transition to online learning rest assured our course materials team is ready to help you. Our experienced buyers are working with the faculty and publishers to ensure you have access to the materials you need to continue your studies. In addition, the University of Minnesota Bookstores is offering free shipping on all textbook orders so your students can access the print materials they need as well.
During this time, we are waiving the shipping charges on all textbook orders.All textbooks will ship for free during this time. Please note, our system will reflect shipping charges when the order is placed, but our team will automatically remove them.
Spring 2020 Textbook Buyback
To support you in these challenging times we are working with our partner, Nebraska Book Company, to offer a virtual textbook buyback program so you can sell back your unwanted textbooks from wherever you are.
Even if you're not on campus, you can still sell back your books in a few easy steps:
- Navigate to the buyback site
- Find the value of your books
- Ship your books with the provided prepaid label
- Get paid via check
*No rented books, sell purchased books only.
Spring 2020 Rental Textbook Returns
We know you are dealing with many changes and navigating a challenging time and want to make returning your rented textbooks as easy as possible.
During the weeks of May 4 and May 18, 2020, you should have received an email from: UPS Quantum View with a subject of "UPS Label Delivery, [a tracking #] " and firstname.lastname@example.org "Ship Us Your Rental Books with Your Prepaid Shipping Label". The prepaid shipping label link contained in the emails should allow you to return your rented textbooks from wherever you are in a few easy steps. A final email will be sent with your link to a personalized shipping label the week of June 1. If unable to locate the emails, please contact email@example.com and we will supply you with your personalized shipping label. Please see the textbook rental return steps below.
- Locate the email from UPS Quantum View
with a subject of "UPS Label Delivery, [a tracking #]
- Click the "Get Shipping Label" link and follow the instructions to print your free shipping label
- Affix the label to a package with the books inside
- Drop your shipment off at a UPS drop-off location at no cost to you.
- Please send all rental books in one package in a single shipment, as the label can only be used once.
- We ask that all rented textbooks be returned by 06/05/20
- Upon receipt by the University of Minnesota Bookstores your rental returns will be processed in 3 - 5 business days.
If you prefer to return your rental books in person, drop-off service is available at the following campus locations:
Twin CitiesUniversity Bookstore at Coffman Union – 300 Washington Ave SE, Mpls
- You must have a valid U Card to enter the Coffman Union.
CrookstonUMC Campus Post Office – 2900 University Ave, Crookston 125 Sargeant Student Center https://www.crk.umn.edu/units/post-office
MorrisUMM Campus Post Office – 600 E. 4th Street, Morris Across from Bookstore – Science Bldg, Rm 1150 https://facilities.morris.umn.edu/morris-campus-post-office
RochesterM Gear Store – Shops at University Square, 111 Broadway, Rochester By appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off time.
Once again, we ask that all rented textbooks be returned by 06/05/20. If you are unable to meet this date and would like to be considered for an extension, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to make other arrangements.
A few Items to note
- Your rental books must be returned in clean and usable condition with no damage.
- Books not meeting this criteria may be assessed a damage fee.
- If your book(s) were lost or damaged during the semester Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, U of M email address and titles of the book(s) by the rental return deadline. Your student account will be charged for the price of the book minus the rental fee you've already paid.
- If you want to keep your book(s) Email email@example.com with your name, U of M email address and titles of the book(s) by the rental deadline. Your student account will be charged for the price of the book minus the rental fee you've already paid.