When will my order be processed?
- Online orders are processed Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST.
- Orders placed before 12:00 p.m. are usually processed the same day.
- During high volume times at the beginning of the semester or during the holidays our processing time may extend to 3-5 business days.
How can I track my order?
- If you logged in with your U of MN Internet ID when you placed the order, you can find your order status under My Account & Order History.
- The Order History function is only available to U of MN students, staff and faculty.
- Non-account users please Contact Us with your order number. We will provide you with an update.
Can I cancel my order?
- Contact Us with your order number requesting a cancellation right away and we will assist you.
- If your order has already been processed, we can not cancel it for you.
- Please Contact Us and we will do our best to help you.
Can I change my order?
- Modifications (including adding and deleting items) can be made as long as your order has not been processed.
Can I change my shipping address or pickup location?
- As long as your order has not left our facilities, the shipping address can be changed. Please Contact Us right away.
- If your order has already shipped and is returned to us, we will contact you for a new address. We will charge a second shipping and handling fee. You may also pick up your order in-store. Please note your shipping and handling fee will not be refunded.
I'm missing items from my order.
- Orders can be processed from any of our campus locations so additional items may still be in transit to you.
- Please Contact Us with your order number for an update.
How will my order be shipped?
- Most online orders are shipped via UPS, USPS or Spee Dee.
- Orders are shipped when they are completed. If you do not want your order shipped right away, please leave a comment on the order with your desired shipping date.
- Orders shipped within the state of Minnesota via UPS/Spee-Dee are usually received the next day.
- Computers and Tablets require a signature upon delivery.
- For expedited shipping, please Contact Us We will provide you with express shipping options.
How much does it cost to ship my order?
- Shipping costs depend on the order contents.
- Shipping costs are calculated when you place your online order. View our shipping rates here.
Can my order be shipped outside the United States?
- Our website does not provide shipping rates for orders sent outside of the continental United States.
- Our Web Processing Team will provide you with International shipping options and prices.
- Prices will vary depending on weight of order and how quickly it ships
- Customers must pay any customs or international fees.
How does order online/pick up in store work?
- We will contact the person listed as the pick up individual on the order via email when your order is ready for pick up.
- Your name must be on the order as either the purchaser or the pick up person to pick up your order.
- Photo ID is required pick up an online order.
- If you already placed an order and want to authorize another person for pickup, Contact Us with their full name and your order number.
- Orders are held for 30 days* from the date they are filled. If the order is not picked up within this time frame, it will be refunded and re-shelved. You may Contact Us for an extension.
- *Course Material hold periods may be extended via request.
How can I pay for my order?
You must provide a payment type to place your order. You can charge your order to:
- Credit/Debit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover/Novus, American Express)
- University of Minnesota Student Account—per OneStop some restrictions may apply
- University of Minnesota Departmental Charge Account via U Market***
- University of Minnesota Purchasing Card
- University of Minnesota Bookstores Gift cards
- Even if your gift card(s) covers entire balance of order, a secondary form of payment must be provided with your order. <.ul>
- We do not accept Gopher Gold online.
Help! I was charged twice for my order!
- When you place an order online with a credit/debit card, you are authorizing a charge to your card. This amount will show as a pending charge until your order is completed.
- If only a portion of your order was completed, a new authorization may show on your card to cover the cost of the other half of your order. This amount should not exceed the cost you originally authorized, unless a substitution or modification was made to your order. We will notify you via email about any modifications or substitutions.
Do I have to pay sales tax?
- If your order is shipped within the state of Minnesota, taxes will be charged (8.025%) to applicable items. Clothing items and textbooks are not taxed in Minnesota.
- If your organization is tax-exempt, submit your government-issued tax certificate (ST3) to email@example.com, and once confirmed by our team, the tax-exempt ID will be accepted when placing your order.
- University of Minnesota staff or faculty making departmental purchases using a Purchasing Card can use the tax exempt ID provided on their card when placing the order online.
How can I get a copy of my web order receipt?
- All orders shipped from a Bookstores location include a physical receipt.
- Custom items including regalia, diploma frames and Extension titles may not include a receipt.
- Contact Us with your order number and we will email you a digital receipt after the order has processed.
The website won't accept my promo code.
- Contact Us and let us know what code you are using.
- University of Minnesota Bookstores promo codes are not valid on sale items or with other membership offers.
What does “No Substitutions” mean when adding textbooks to my order?
- Our textbook stock inventory changes dramatically during peak times of the year. We may run out of the requested textbook type (new/used) you ordered but have the other type available.
- We will substitute the other type on your order and charge you for the cost of the in-stock condition.
- We will notify you via email of any substitutions
- You may select your substitution or no substitution preference on each title by selecting the appropriate box when placing your order.
- If we run out of stock of your preferred type and you have selected “No Substitutions”, this title will be deleted from your order, and you will not be charged for that item.
How do I access the eTextbook I ordered online? Will I get the code immediately?
- If the condition of your eText or access card is “new” instead of “digital/eTextbook” this means the redemption information is printed on a physical card, and it must be purchased in-store or online. You may have the physical card shipped to you or you can pick it up in-store.
- If the condition is "digital/eTextbook", you will get access when you place your order online. You will receive an email with redemption code and access instructions . Digital titles, including digital course packets, may take up to an hour after your order is placed before the content is available in your Canvas account.
- Our eTextbooks are handled by two different providers, who each require unique accounts with their own websites. You must set up an account on their website and then apply your eTextbook code.
If a book is listed as available on the website, can I just come in store and purchase in person?
- Usually yes. Our website is a good reflection of what's available at each store. During busy times at the beginning of the semester our inventory changes quickly and may not accurately reflect the number of new and used titles available.
- You are always welcome to check in-store or call us if the title is not in stock. Our staff are happy to reserve a copy for you.
- Please note, each University of Minnesota Bookstore only stocks the books for the classes held on that campus. For example, a Crookston student’s class materials will most likely not be available at any Twin Cities campus Bookstore. If an order is placed for pick-up at our Coffman location from a non-Twin Cities student, please allow extra days for it to be processed at the original campus store and sent to our Coffman/St. Paul/Law School locations.