Deadline to apply is Jan. 5, 2023. Selected candidates will be notified by Jan. 6, 2023.
The University of Minnesota Bookstores Brand Ambassador program is a great opportunity for students to build connections on campus while repping their school spirit. University of Minnesota Bookstores Brand Ambassadors are passionate about the U of M, are leaders among their campus peers, and are experts on current trends. University of Minnesota Brand Ambassadors foster key campus relationships and drive University of Minnesota Bookstores initiatives. The University of Minnesota Bookstores is actively committed to diversity and inclusion by fostering a safe space for students to build connections, further their goals, and provide fun and unique experiences. We encourage students from all walks of life to join this program.
Important details. This is not a paid position. Ambassadors will be compensated with free University of Minnesota Bookstores merchandise each month and, if the ambassador completes a full semester, a U of M Bookstores gift card at the end of the semester. Brand Ambassadors must have public Instagram AND TikTok profiles, be willing to post U of M Bookstores products on their personal channels and give rights to that content to the U of M Bookstores. Must be enrolled at the University of Minnesota for Spring '23 semester. Must be able to come to University of Minnesota Bookstores located in Coffman Memorial Union 2 - 3x per month to pick up merchandise and film content. Must agree to our Code of Conduct and sign a Rights to Media agreement. Brief weekly check-ins with the Program Manager are required. The check-ins are virtual. The position will run for the entire Spring '23 semester. University of Minnesota Bookstores has the right to terminate an Ambassador at any time.
The Ideal University of Minnesota Bookstores Brand Ambassador
Are you a trendsetter? Outgoing and friendly? Actively involved on campus? Love the U of M? If you answered YES to all those questions, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
We want someone with Gopher Pride! Our brand ambassadors are enthusiastic about the University of Minnesota and flaunt that through social media platforms.
Are you actively involved on campus? We love students who are highly motivated and involved in student organizations, Greek life, and/or club sports.
It is essential that our brand ambassadors have proven leadership skills. Having an outgoing personality and a great fashion sense are a huge plus!
Commitment is key; we want students who will commit to actively posting on their Instagram and TikTok accounts, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Must be a current University of Minnesota student
- Must have a public TikTok and Instagram profiles.
- Must have transportation to University of Minnesota Bookstores in Coffman Memorial Union at least 2x a month
- Must have proficient knowledge of Instagram and TikTok
- Must be willing to fulfill all key responsibilities for at least 1 full semester
- Must be able to film and/or photograph your own content and deliver it to Program Manager
- Gain valuable influencer experience
- Brand Ambassadors will be featured on the U of M Bookstores social media
- Besides social media, Brand Ambassadors have the opportunity to be featured in marketing materials such as posters, banners, web graphics, print, and digital advertisements, flyers, brochures, and more
- FREE U of M Bookstores merchandise each month
- High-quality photos for you to use
- Sneak peek at new U of M apparel, gifts, and more
- Chance to receive a U of M Bookstores gift card at the end of the semester
- Make new connections on campus
- Gain valuable experience in marketing, branding, and social media and MORE!
- Post content on your personal Instagram for U of M Bookstores. Minimum 4 pieces of content per month. U of M Bookstores will have rights to use that content
- Post content on time. Your program manager will provide a content calendar
- Promote U of M Bookstores sales, events, and products
- Attend at least 1 professional photoshoot per semester
- Do weekly check-ins with your Program Manager
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct
Questions? Email our Marketing Manager Whitney at email@example.com