Clothing and GiftsIf, for any reason, you are not pleased with your selection, you may return the merchandise for an exchange or full refund within 90 days of purchase. To receive a refund, or exchange, please bring your original receipt. Clothing must have tags still on to be returned.
Online Clothing and Gift OrdersIf you need to exchange or return an item you ordered online from our website, repackage your order and ship to the following address.
- University of Minnesota Bookstores DC
- Attn: Returns
- 701 24th Ave. S.E.
- Suite 50
- Minneapolis, MN 55414
TechnologyThis policy covers all computers, tablets, iPods, phones, Apple Watch, software, cameras, ink, gaming, and earbuds sold through the U of MN Bookstores M Tech Store.
- Opened products listed above are not returnable.
- Customized or configured products are not returnable.
- Unopened regular stocked products may be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase with the original receipt.
- Open products not listed above will be charged a 10% restocking fee and must have original packaging in sellable condition.
Textbook & Course Packet Returns
- Textbooks and Course Packets may returned for a full refund during the first week of the semester only
- Opened loose-leaf materials are not returnable
- Course materials for classes lasting two weeks or less are not returnable
- eTextbooks are returnable 2 weeks from the purchase date up to the last day of returns for the term
- eTextbooks are not returnable once accessed
- Digital course packets are not returnable
If you need to exchange or return an item you ordered online from our website, repackage your order and ship to the following address.
- U of MN Bookstore
- Attn: Textbook Returns
- 300 Washington Ave SE
- Minneapolis, MN 55455
All Refunds Require a Receipt
All-Inclusive Classes With Required Digital Course MaterialsIf your instructor has selected digital materials for your course, the content is automatically delivered to your learning platform and billed to your student account. If you wish to opt out of these course materials please send an email from your University of Minnesota email account with your name, course and section number to Digital Opt Out.
B-Term and 8 Week Summer Session Return DatesReturnable one week from start of class. Course packets are returnable the first three days.
May Term and Summer Courses that meet less than 8 weeks, but more than 2 weeks Return Dates.Returnable the first three days of class. Course packets are returnable the first day only.
Courses Meeting Two Weeks or Less Return DatesNon-returnable.
Online and Distance Learning Returns
Extended TermReturnable within two months of the start date of the extended term if you cancel your registration. You must provide your receipt and proof of your cancellation. Textbooks must be in original condition. Textbooks will be considered used and not eligible for a refund if you write in them or cancel after two months.
Term BasedReturnable within one week of the start date of the summer term and within two weeks of the start date of the fall or spring term if you cancel your registration. You must provide your receipt and proof of your cancellation. Textbooks must be in original condition. Textbooks will be considered used and not eligible for a full refund if you write in them or cancel after the published return period.
General BookBooks may be returned to the U of MN Bookstores location where the books were purchased within 30 days. You must have your original receipt and books must be in re-saleable condition. If the book comes with a CD or access code, the seal must be unbroken to return.
Medical Reference BookMedical Reference Books are non-returnable.
Stethoscope & Medical SupplyReturns only accepted on defective product within 30 days of purchase and with the original receipt.
Non-Returnable Items Include
- Study Aids
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Medical Supplies
- Embroidered Clothing
- Clearance Items
- Unopened, non-special order product may be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase with the original receipt
- If we offer a lower price within seven days of your purchase, you may bring in the original receipt within 14 days of the price change to receive a refund for the difference