View our Technology return policy here.
Please allow longer than the normal 3-4 weeks delivery time period for all custom configured Computers and Tablets.
Student Account Purchases
Eligible Students may charge technology purchases for personal academic use to their student account. Students are responsible to pay for all Technology purchases charged on their student account . We reserve the right to limit the quantity of merchandise charged to a student account, and determine eligibility on an individual basis.
- Students may purchase a maximum of 1 Computer, 1 iPad, 1 Apple Watch, and 3 iPods per calendar year.
- Students must be enrolled in a degree or a degree-seeking program to purchase computers, iPad, tablets, software, and consumer electronics on a student account.
Apple Academic Savings
We offer special educational savings to eligible students, staff, faculty and alumni on the technology you need to succeed in and out of the classroom. The savings are already included in the prices shown, and discounted products are only available to eligible persons.
Who is eligible to purchase?
The following individuals are eligible to purchase through the computer technology program.
- Faculty or staff members of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States.
- Students currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States.
- Current members of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
Eligible purchase quantity
Faculty, Staff, Students, and UMAA members purchasing from the computer technology program will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic year.
- Desktop: Three (3) may be purchased per academic year
- Mac mini: Three (3) may be purchased per academic year
- Laptop: Three (3) may be purchased per academic year
- Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- iPads: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Sales to Healthcare
Purchaser agrees that they will not use the Apple authorized products, iCloud Storage APIs and iCloud service, or any component or function thereof to create, receive, maintain, or transmit protected health information (as defined at 45 C.F.R § 160.103).
The University security policy/standards require professional management of high security and HCC recommends professional management for all other University owned computers. If you are purchasing for a department these policies will be enforced.